Engaging & Personal
BAR & BAT MITZVAH SERVICES
It can be an overwhelming (and exciting!) time for a Bar or Bat Mitzvah student to prepare for the big day. I take great pride in shaping each lesson to you or your child’s specific needs, while creating a fun and supportive atmosphere to learn in.
A 6 month weekly preparation period works best. The talmid/a (student) will learn trope for both Torah and Haftorah, all required blessings, as well as the week’s Torah parsha (usually 2-4 aliyahs worth) and the full Haftorah (minimum 11 lines). My goal is to help your child (or you) reach the spiritual essence of the celebration and preparation, so that this incredible transition in your life is memorable, profound and positively impactful for both the B’nai Mitzvah and family.
Preparing a bar or bat mitzvah takes a LOT of work, patience and time. It is never easy. There is a foreign language involved, melodies that are unfamiliar to the ear, ancient text that can be tough to pronounce….and over all, it can be transformative time for a 12/13-year-old (or someone of any age!).
That is where I come in!
WHAT YOU GET:
- An initial consultation to discuss the simcha, details of the parsha and services requirements
- Weekly 1 hour one-on-one sessions
- Easy to follow, call and response MP3’s of the Torah portion, Haftorah and the trope and blessings
- A timeline of goals over-viewing our process together. This helps to insure the student (and parents) are comfortable with the amount of work needed for fulfilling the roles of a Bar/Bat Mitzah….Lots to do!
- Torah study & speech writing available with additional hours
Here’s to your successful celebration! I look forward to assisting you through this simcha with you and your family! Feel free to CONTACT ME HERE to learn more.
With Simcha & Shalom (Joy & Peace),